Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 2 days, 9 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Wish List for SC4ARES Equipment

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Mike, KJ6VCP 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

It’s still in kickstarter phase, but it’s cool.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

We need a radio dedicated to the La Honda Fire Station and a power supply in the OES radio box.

There is a radio and power supply in the yellow box. It’s not a particularly good radio for emcomm needs. We are waiting to get the FT-8900 back from Rick in Middleton, which he has on loan from the club. I believe that radio is going to stay at the fire house. We really need headphones, based on my experience yesterday 🙂

Does anyone know how to get a hold of Rick?

Sammy, KF6SAM
    Participant

I have a new Yaesu mobile FTM-400XDR if you need to borrow it (yet to install- since I can’t get out with my HT at the La Honda Mobile Home Park- trees). Power supply is 130 miles away though unless you have 12vdc available.

Sammy

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

Thanks for the offer, Sammy. We’re already using the radio “borrowed” from the resource trailer. My request was for dedicated hardware owned by the club. Sounds like we have one.

Jeneen: When we opened the OES case, it had a radio with an OES sticker, but no power supply. If we’re using the PS dedicated to that radio as the power for our station in the fire house, we should really get one dedicated to that station and the one we’re using now needs a sticker showing ownership. We should also get a battery backup and pwrgate for the fire house comms station, since net control was out for a couple of minutes between the outage and the backup generator kicking in.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  David, KM6DOV.

We have 2 “go box” radios at the firehouse which are on loan from the county: An FT-897 all band, all mode and an (I recall) FT-7800 2m, 70cm FM (currently on loan to Middleton.)

The club was gifted a couple of Kenwood dual band, dual recevier radios with built in TNCs. These can be connected to a computer for packet (Winlink) operation and are intended to go to the firehouse and the resource trailer. One has been temporarily pressed into service as W6SCF-8. The other has an intermittent connector in the head unit and I’ve had it apart to fix it.

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

The Yellow OES Go-box gear includes a PowerWerx SS-30DV switching supply. This is the power supply currently in use for the FT-8900. The power supply is not labeled with a county asset tag – I will add a label to it.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.