Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Bob, KM6DKE (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Mike, KJ6VCP (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 6 hours, 52 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Volunteers Needed for CERT Training

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

On November 21 and November 22 we will be conducting our CERT Skills Training at the firehouse. This is part of the new Hybrid CERT Training that was become essential because of COVID. They completed about 14 hours of on-line training. Now it’s time for them to get their skills training — hands off style. In the a.m., the students will visit 7 different stations where instructors demonstrate and explain a specific set of skills. In the p.m., there will be a hands off simulation exercise.

On both days, we will have a Radio Station, where students can see and learn about GMRS and HAM radio. It will consist of a brief explanation to each group of students who visit the station. Of course, they will have the opportunity to sign up for a Technician Class. In the afternoon, we may have each student team equipped with a radio and the Radio Station will send messages to keep them on track, etc.

David M., a recent CERT graduate, has volunteered to staff the Radio Station. I know this conflicts with the HAM meeting on Saturday, but I would like to have at least two people staffing the Station if possible. So, we need some additional volunteers on both days. Maybe just 4 hours in the a.m. and 4 hours in the p.m. If you are available and willing, please let both me and David know:
    Sat a.m.
    Sat p.m.
    Sun a.m.
    Sun p.m.

Thanks. Pat

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

Hi Pat & David.

I’d be happy to help staff the radio table (assuming the radio table is set up outside).
    Preferred Shift Sunday AM, but could do afternoon Sat or Sun PM if needed).

Could also help with setup and tear down.

eva

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Pat&David,
    if you would like to sign me up for any ol’ time please do so.
    I would be happy to help out.

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

I can do Sat. p.m. or Sun. a.m.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.