Group Admins

General

Public Group active 8 hours, 27 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

The Resource Trailer has moved

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Neil, W6VG
    Participant

The eagle has landed (Resource Trailer) at 5350 La Honda Rd, on the lower part of the property. Though additional work on the trailer will continue over the winter, in the event of an emergency, the trailer is well outfitted to use with 2m, 70cm, 6m, and HF, as well as onboard supplies such as coax, power cables, tables, chairs, etc.

The trailer committee plans to continue work through the season with possible installation of solar panels, roof antenna mounts and better storage capabilities. Several members of our club are able to tow this vehicle in an emergency including: KI6FA0, W6NZH, W6VG, KJ6MPZ, and KJ6GMG. Please let us know if you are able to tow this trailer (requires brake controller) and we will add you to the list.

We’ll plan for the worst but hope for the best. – W6VG

Gabe, K6YAH
    Participant

How heavy is the trailer all loaded up?

Do you know what size ball the hitch requires?

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

I believe the ball hitch is 2-5/16″ (large). I’ll double check tomorrow.

Gross vehicle weight (empty) is 8,050 lbs. We’ve added approx.1,000 lbs, maybe a bit more. Haven’t taken it to any scales.
    At last check our tongue weight was within tolerance, but plan to re-check since we’ve added batteries and re-distrubuted the load.
    It handled nicely at low speeds on Alpine and 84 with my Ford F250.

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

The ball for the trailer hitch is indeed 2-5/16″. At some point we’ll get an extra ball to keep with the trailer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.