General

Thank you and the La Honda Faire is Coming Soon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We have enough sign-ups for our SC4ARC Booth at the La Honda Faire, but some of the slots only have one person. We would like at least 2 for each shift. Please see the schedule below and confirm your attendance and if anyone would like to sign up for a slot, let me know. I think I got this right.

Sat., June 4, 9 – 12 (includes set up): Neil and Mary
    Sat., June 4, 12 – 2: Martine and Nate
    Sat., June 4, 2 – 4: Lisa

Sun., June 5, 9 – 12: Terry and Eva
    Sun., June 5, 12 – 2: Martine
    Sun., June 5, 2 – 4: Pat
    Sun., June 5, 4 – 5 Tear Down: Neil, Mary, Catherine

Thank you so much to everyone who came out for the May 21 Learning Station Day. Great food!!! And great weather!! Special thanks to the following:
    Peter, for bringing all the equipment
    Neil, for his special antenna building station. Think he said he got two done.
    Bryan, for his copper antenna building station. If anyone would like to follow up with him to actually build one, contact him or me directly. He would LOVE to do this with you.
    Nate, for the HF Station.
    Jim, for the Morse Code Station.
    Rick, for taking pictures, videos and doing interviews. Soon to be seen on YouTube and our Website.
    Angelo, for his consultation with me about Field Day.

It was a lot of fun. More visits to member homes coming up. Eva and Terry have volunteered their place for the July meeting.

Thanks all of you. Pat

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

This Saturday morning 10am I’ll be setting up an HF radio, laptop and 20m antenna at the La Honda Fair SC4 booth. I encourage everyone to come see a station similar to one we’ll be using at Field Day. I can demonstrate the logging software, digital and voice (phone) contacts, as well as an introduction to one of the radios we’re likely to use for FD this year, the Yaesu FT-450. We’ll be running on battery power, so occasional charge ups might be needed. Come hang out at the booth all weekend – you’re likely to learn something or share your knowledge with someone else!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.