Group Admins

General

Public Group active 8 hours, 33 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

South Skyline Exercise on Saturday, April 16

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

On Saturday, April 16, starting at 7:00 a.m., the South Skyline Hams will be conducting an exercise at the Alpine Ranger Station to practice setting up the antenna and radios. As part of this exercise, we will be joining the 75m Red Cross Net at 7:30, the 60m Net at 7:45 and the 40m Net at 8:00. After the Nets, one of our Ham buddies from Half Moon Bay will be going to the CEOC for a quick connectivity test with CTL93. At the recent Tsunami Drill, we were not successful in making this connection. We believe the problem has been fixed; just want to make sure.

If anyone wants to join us at the ranger station, you are more than welcome. We are hoping to have someone there who can take pictures and/or videos that we can post on the SSEPO Website. Would love to have a volunteer! We should be done in plenty of time to get to our general meeting in La Honda at 10:00.

Thanks.

Betsy, KK6WQY
    Participant

what is the address to the alpine ranger station? when i search for it online it comes up with something in colorado, cleveland and in Alpine, CA with a 619 area code. Thanks :))

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

It’s MROSD’s Skyline Field Office, the ranger station on Hwy. 35 near Alpine/Page Mill Rd.
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=ztAkz4ar5vOQ.ki186zRZr91Q&hl=en_US

admin
    Keymaster

Added a link to the map in the original post…

Betsy, I’m sorry for not being more specific. I almost always type out the official name: MROSD Skyline Field Office. I just got lazy. Thanks, Neil for the map. If you coming from the north on Hwy 35, it’s the driveway just past Alpine Rd, on your left. Be great if you can join us.

Betsy, KK6WQY
    Participant

Pat no worries and thank you so much Neil! I have a little flip camcorder I’d like to try to take some video and edit a short video for your website. What do you think Pat?

Betsy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.