Group Admins

General

Public Group active 1 week, 4 days ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Shack in a Box presentation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

The Shack in a Box presentation from today’s meeting is now in the library.
    Shack in a Box Presentation
    Email me if you would like the PowerPoint version.

Bob

Adda, KU1NNA
    Participant

Great Job Bob! Really learned a lot!

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

That was a fun presentation Bob, sorry I had to cut out before the grand finale.

I have the gator 4 space rack you pointed out, and I’ve found that over time the case has warped. I left the lowest space open for ventilation, and perhaps that was a mistake.

Currently I am eyeing a milk crate for my take on a shack in a box. I find myself moving my mobile-mobile ( as opposed to the static-mobiles ) from car to car yet a 19″ rack is too awkward. In my wayward youvth I had a cb-milkcrate deal which I used wobbling across the country, so this may be more sentimental than sensible. But the gaps and handles in the milk crate offer many tie-down points.

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

We loved this presentation, Bob, and thanks for promptly posting it. The battery graphs were very interesting as well.

Casey, we use a milk crate to pack up and transport our rig in the Bus. It works, but there is something deeply satisfying to a well designed and tightly packed shack-in-a-box.

Here is another cool idea for a portable HF station in a gangster case.
    https://k6mpn.org/training/resources/PortableHF-AL4U.pdf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.