Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 1 week, 5 days ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

SET – Saturday, October 22

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator) 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

The SET (Simulated Emergency Test) will be on Saturday, October 22 10-12. Preliminary plans are to have the exercise at Skyline Ridge, possibly including the ranger station and fire house and a CERT call out. Potluck debrief to follow.

I encourage everyone to participate. Please let me know if you plan to be there – that will help us with planning.

Jeneen

Jack, KK6MLA
    Participant

Thanks Jeneen, I’m in

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Me 2.

Bob, W6RES
    Participant

Me too. 🙂

Good luck guys. I really wish I could make it.

I’ll likely be in Tennessee for the rest of the month (my mom broke her hip for those that didn’t hear – she gets out of the physical rehab place on Sunday).

Looking forward to seeing the after action report.

Reminder that we’ll be holding the annual SET on Saturday, October 22, 10 to 12-ish + debrief, at the La Honda Fire House. Note the change in expected venue. Please bring your own lunch for the debrief, and I’ll bring some treats for dessert.

There will be no CERT exercise. The SET will be a classroom event focusing on all things related to emergency communications, with a demonstration on setting up the DOC radio and how to deal with multiple radios swamping antennas. There will be small exercises if there is time, but we have a lot of topics to cover. This will be a valuable class for all members, but especially important for the newer hams, or anyone who feels like they don’t have the whole emcomms picture. I have invited the HMB folks, who aren’t having their own SET. Please invite any other hams you think might be interested (Las Cumbres?).

Las Cumbres Hams have been invited.

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

I”ll be there. mike

Lisa, W6LSC
    Participant

I’ll be there! Sorry for the late reply.
    Lisa

I’ve uploaded the notes I had about DOC operations to the library:

http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/sc4ares-doc-operations.pdf

They don’t have a lot of details, but a couple of people asked for them. Also, Brian Hunt shared a couple of documents that the HMB club uses for call outs. I’ve taken HMB references out to avoid confusion if we ever need to use them. Thanks to Brian for those!

http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/calloutrecord01.pdf

Also, thanks to Peter & Bob for the equipment demo, and to Pat for talking about form 213!

Oops…and thanks to Neil for bringing coffee! We couldn’t have a meeting without that 🙂

And, the EOC Runner Procedure (Form 213) has been uploaded to the library:http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/eoc-runner-procedure.pdf

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.