Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 5 days, 2 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

SC4ARC Booth staffing at La Honda Faire 6/8-9

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Casey, KA5WAX 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ham folks!

SC4ARC will be hosting an information booth at this event in La Honda just outside the Gardens. Mike and Angelo will be transporting and setting up/tearing down the tent.

We need SC4ARC volunteers for the following shifts. Those that volunteer will meet and greet neighbors interested in information about ham radio. I believe that flyers will be available as handouts.

Shifts: Sat 6/8 10AM – 1PM Mike and Angelo will staff
    1PM – 4PM 2 Club members are needed

Sun 6/9 10AM – 1PM 2 Club members are needed
    1PM – 4PM 1 Club member is needed

Please contact me via a reply to this message or email me at peggywargo.wargo1@gmail.com. I can also be reached via 650.839.3933

Thanks in advance for your reply

Peggy

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

I can do Saturday afternoon.

Thanks! I have signed you up for 6/8 from 1-4pm.

Peggy

We still need volunteers for Sunday (6/9) staffing the La Honda Faire SC4ARC booth.
    Ideally we need 2 volunteers for the AM shift (10AM-1PM) and 2 volunteers for the PM shift (12:30-4PM).

If we are unable to obtain needed AM and PM staffing for Sunday (at least 1 club member), we will need to cancel our booth presence for Sunday 6/9.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you can volunteer your time to staff our booth and meet/greet our neighbors at this event.

Peggy
    KI6PGA

Angelo, N6QAD
    Participant

If there are no other volunteers I will do a second shift on Sunday afternoon.
    Angelo

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

I am now sure I will be here that weekend.

Other than a Butano Water Company meeting saturday morning I am available to help out as needed.

assign me a spot?

if there is power I can bring a SDR & a linux box running some groovy waterfall thing.

Final staffing schedule for June 8th and 9th:

June 8th. 9AM-1PM Shift: Mike and Angelo (Set up and first shift)
    June 8th. 1PM-4PM Shift: Catherine and David
    June 9th. 10AM-1PM Shift: Casey
    June 9th. 12:30-4PM Shift: Angelo, Mike and Angelo for tear down

Unfortunately volunteers were short for Sunday shifts. If others would like to join Casey or Angelo and Mike for additional coverage that would be greatly appreciated.

Peggy

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Coolio –
    so do we have collateral, posters, etc?
    or since I’m there ‘mid flow’ there’s no need for me to worry about this part of the show….

I am still assuming we have electrical power.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.