Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 2 days, 21 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Safety vests for women!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David, KM6DOV 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

This is a new company. So far they have one safety vest (only 2 pockets). Hopefully the company will grow and they’ll have a bigger selection. $30. From the website:

The number one complaint of women required to wear high-visibility vests on job sites is Fit. With an amazing look and performance engineering to exceed ANSI / ISEA Class 2 requirements this Women’s Class 2 Safety Vest comes with a breakaway front closure, 100% breathable fabric, and two front pockets.

Class 2 Women's Safety Vest with Pockets

Irma, KM6JVU

I’m less concerned with fit than with functionality. Only two pockets is a no-go for me. Something more like a surveyor’s vest would be great.

There is a ‘vote’ link on the contacts page asking for what else you would like to see them make. I submitted a vote for ham radio vests with more pockets and a loop near the shoulder for the antenna.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

https://www.kwiksafety.com/collections/safetyvest/products/kwiksafety-first-lady-class-2-safety-vest-for-women-ansi-surveyor-yellow
    Something like this may work, and it’s cheaper.
    Full disclosure: KwikSafety sent me several products over the years for review.

Almost perfect! I think I’ll get one and check it out. Thanks David.

Irma, KM6JVU

Thanks, David. That one looks good. I’d be willing to handsew an antenna loop on the shoulder if it doesn’t have one.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

Irma, it doesn’t look like it has an antenna loop/mic clip on the shoulder. The men’s version does. That’s disappointing, and I’ll reach out to them to see if they’re willing to add it in future production runs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.