Group Admins

General

Public Group active 35 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Repeater is UP !!!!!! Thank you Will Johnson!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Yes everyone, the beloved “beep” and cw ID are back! Will got home from Hawaii at midnight last night and still found the energy to head up to the repeater, perform diagnostics and get it operational. We owe ALL of our Elmers a huge debt of gratitude for everything they continue to contribute to the well being of our club, equipment and essential resources.
    Thank you Jack Eddy for monitoring the 805 and CMD31* and diagnosing the failure.
    Thank you Will, for what turned out to be a grotty job of cleaning up rodent poop and pee, as well as repairing broken wires.
    Bill Bishop and I used to do repeater checks and maintenance every month until our schedules got crazy – I’m going to ask Bill if he’ll join me again, and take care of this
    essential resource – nothing is more important and without the 440 as backup right now, and winter right in our face, a monthly maintenance schedule is priority.
    Thank you all for your skills and competence in handling this – you are worthy of the trust and confidence our fire chief places in you.
    73!
    Linda

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.