General

Post-SET 6m test this Saturday @ 10am

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

We’re planning to do a post-SET 6 meter test between the high school in Pescadero, Puente, South Skyline and LHFB (and the Panton’s?) this Saturday (1/26) starting at 10.  Peter, Bryan and I are signed up to run the stations.  We need at least one more 6m operator to work out of Puente.  Please let me know if you are interested in participating.

Jeneen

We will be using 51.560 MHz, FM, no PL tones, for the test.

FT-8900 quad-band units will only transmit FM.  Some other radios like the FT-897/857 can also transmit AM or SSB as well as FM.  Please be careful to use the correct mode as reception will be very poor or non-existent if set incorrectly.

The following stations will be participating in the post-SET 6m test at 10am tomorrow, Jan. 26:

LHFB – Linda W6LJB

Puente – Peter KI6FAO

PHS – Jeneen KJ6NCS

San G. – Neil W6VG

Alpine – Bryan KD6UCA & Vicky

Possibly Woodside – Bob W6RES

We will be operating on 51.560 MHz, FM, no tones.  The installed tri-band antennas at the

high school, Puente and the fire house will be used.  Other stations will use the best antenna

they have, in the best position the can get it up to.  Use 50W if you have it, otherwise, use

as much power as you can muster.  The point of this test is to establish contact between all

stations if possible.  Peter’s coverage maps suggest that we should have no trouble doing this,

so we may be doing some troubleshooting if contacts aren’t made.

Preliminary results of the 6m test  have been posted to the library.

If you participated, please look over the chart and see if it’s correct.  I’d especially like to hear from:

• La Honda Fire
    • MPROSD
    • Pescadero High School
    • Will

Once I fill in the question marks, I’ll post a final version.  If you were monitoring 6m but did not transmit, I’d like to hear from you, too.  Thank you to all who participated!

The chart’s been updated, with a slight format change to include “listening only” station reports.  I’d still like to hear from:

• Linda: La Honda Fire
    • Bryan: MPROSD
    • Will: Lower Alpine

Also anyone else with observations/corrections.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.