Group Admins

General

Public Group active 8 hours, 57 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Parts for 2m measuring tape yagi up for grabs!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gabe, K6YAH
    Participant

Hey folks!

I just made myself a 2m yagi out of PVC pipe and measuring tape. This is what it looks like:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/beMc8RIWXRfi8OGd2

I have all the parts ready for another two of them, so all you’d need to do is cut some PVC and do a little soldering. I’m also happy to walk you through it. It’s not difficult. Let me know if you’d like to claim one!

Gabe

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Nice offer, Gabe. I hope someone takes you up on it. Mike, VCP led groups at Field Day on building these. The first one led to reception of an ISS (Space Station) fly-over. I used one mounted on a mic stand to target repeaters on Skyline from my driveway in San Gregorio. Fun! – Neil

Gabe,
    Laurel and I would love to take you up on the offer. I even have an old tape measure I can donate to the cause.
    We’re on vacation all week, if you have some time available.

Bob

Gabe, K6YAH
    Participant

Hey Bob!

They’re all yours! I am out of town until Jan 3rd. So we can arrange something after that. I should be around that Thu and Fri (and of course Sat & Sun). Let me know if any times in there work for a hand-off.

No need for another measuring tape, at least not unless you want to make even more of them ;).

Gabe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.