Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 1 week, 1 day ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Packet Radio class!!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mary, AF6IE 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Today’s session on packet radio (and more) was sensational. Thank you Angelo for all the work that went into the presentation, as well as the time you’ve spent experimenting with these digital modes.

I wan’t able to upload the PowerPoint to our library (too large?), but welcome suggestions on how I could get it there. In the meantime, if you’d like a copy, let me know and I’ll email it (3.3MB file).

Save the file as a PDF and try again.

You can only upload .pdf .jpg .png and .gif file types.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Amen to what Neil said. Thank you so much Angelo and Peter.
    I strongly urge everyone who was unable to be at the meeting to take a look at the slides from Angelo’s presentation, even if you think you will never get into the nuts and bolts of packet. WHY? Because we will probably (hope we have?) a digital set up at Field Day where, at the very least, you will be able to look over the shoulder of the operator. It will make that experience much more interesting if you already have an idea of what you see on the computer screen. And who knows? You just might want to sit at the controls yourself!
    Here’s the link to the slides:
    http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/introduction-to-packet-radio.pdf

P.S. Neil just made a 20 minute CW contact using fldigi on his MacBook Pro. (Thanks, David KM6DOV).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.