Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 5 days, 3 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

OES Exercise – Thursday, August 18

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator) 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This is from Nick Gottuso at OES. The exercise is on a weekday, which is unfortunate for some of us, but a good opportunity for others. Please let me know if you’d like to attend, as well as Nick (ngottuso@smcgov.org). I’ll post more info when I have it.

The Office of Emergency Services owns several large, portable structures (rather like heavy-duty tents with floors, doors and windows) that we can use as Emergency Operations Centers during disasters. We try to regularly practice assembling these tents, installing computers and radios inside, and then simulating using them for their intended purpose.

On Thursday, August 18th, 2016, from 8:00 AM to noon, we will hold a CEC exercise that will include deploying these tents and setting them up as a portable EOC. I envision this being primarily a combination ICS/EOC and ham radio exercise, and I welcome your additional ideas for this event.

If your CEC skills include ICS/EOC Operations and/or ham radio, or if you are simply interested in learning more about using some of the emergency assets available to the Coastside, please join us. RSVP to me if you plan to attend.

More details will follow as the plans evolve. Tentative locations for the exercise include the airport or one of the Branch I or II schools.

I will be participating. Pat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.