Group Admins

General

Public Group active 7 hours, 16 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

OCTOBER SET (Simulated Emergency Test) 10/20/12

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

We will have our annual SET on October 20, 2012, which will replace our monthly club meeting.  In order for me to create relevant scenarios, I need to know how many of you are planning to participate.  Also, please feel free to suggest any specific skills you would like to see incorporated into the drill. The length of the drill depends on how many participants we have. Last year we went from 0930 until noon.  Please let me know as soon as you can.  This is an ARES qualification event, and  I encourage ALL of you to attend.  We are heading into winter and the SET is an excellent time for all of us to get together and practice what we need to know.  And then of course, we have to have a potluck debrief! So, come for the drill, but stay for the food!

All Hams On Deck!

Linda

W6LJB

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

I plan to participate. I wouldn’t mind a chance to set up and use my portable triband antenna, something I’ve set up improperly the last two times I’ve used it!  – Neil,  W6VG

Lisa, W6LSC
    Participant

I plan to participate.  Inked in my calendar!

I plan to participate.  Thanks Linda.

Peggy, KI6PGA
    Participant

I plan to participate.

I plan on participating.  Thanks.  Pat

It’s not too late to join in on the SET.  You can even participate using your 2m handheld radio without ever leaving home!  We have participants from all over the Greater La Honda Area, including Las Cumbres, Gazos Creek, and Pigeon Point, and from far away places like Mt. View, Burlingame and Half Moon Bay.

Saturday, October 20 starting at 10am.  If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll send the details.

Jeneen

KJ6NCS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.