Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Bob, KM6DKE (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Mike, KJ6VCP (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 10 hours, 42 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

No exams for now

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeneen, W6NCS
    Participant

Folks – It’s probably obvious, but there are no exams being given for ham radio licenses for the time being. A couple of people have asked me about getting a license since we’re in lock down. I hope people will now understand why it’s important to be prepared before there’s an emergency. But, if you are asked about it, please encourage people to study now (by book or online), ask us questions by email if they need clarification, and take the test as soon as we’re free-range people again.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

If anyone wants to take a remote exam, have a look at https://kl7aa.org/vec/ and ask if they’re willing to test someone outside Alaska. Looks like it might be time for me to work on my VE certification.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant
    Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Remote exams may be possible via Zoom! Check out this message from the NorCal Winlink net:

“Traffic for the net from WL7COO:

“Notes from the SJV Section:
    If someone is looking for remote VE sessions, check out GLAARG.org,
    Read the “Remotely Administered Exam Sessions” information and follow their instructions to test in the relative privacy of your Zoom space configured as GLAARG requires for taking the exam.

IIRC, K6OLI said they have recently been averaging about 40 remotely administered Zoom exams per day.”

David, KM6DOV
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.