Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 1 week, 1 day ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Net Control Operators needed for February/March

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mary, AF6IE 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Feb. 6 & 13: Jeneen, W6NCS
    Feb. 20 & 27:
    Mar 6 & 13:
    Mar 20 & 27:

I will take Feb 20 and 27. Still need sign-ups for Mar 6 & 13 and for Mar 20 & 27. Those who have done Net Control frequently are probably holding back hoping that newer Hams will step up. It is EASY and FUN and you can always ask someone to help you the first couple of times, as I did. So PLEASE sign up!!! At the Feb. meeting, we will pass around a sign up form to include April and May. Thanks.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Net Control is so much easier with a list of current members first names and their call signs, sorted by call sign within area. We used to get such a list; my understanding is that we no longer get it because there are members who do not want their call signs made public by having the list available on our website. Perhaps we could ask those who do have such an objection to let our secretary know about it and they could be left off the list or, alternatively, our secretary could email the list to those signed up as net control rather than posting it on the website. I have a feeling there are no longer members who have such an objection, but I may be wrong.

Feedback?

I do send out a list of first names with call signs to Net Control operators. I am surprised and sorry if you don’t have that. I usually send it out once a year and then to new Net Control Operators. Will be sending you the list.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

AHA! So I was wrong. I haven’t been Net Control for awhile but the last time I was, I found my list was way out-dated. Anyway, alls good. Now, time for me to sign up.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

I’ll take March 6 & 13.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.