Group Admins

General

Public Group active 1 week, 4 days ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

More ARES operators needed for CERT activation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

We have been asked to have operators ready to deploy with CERT teams tomorrow starting at 0930 at the Pescadero High School. At this point we don’t know how many are needed or what the shifts will be. If you are available tomorrow, please respond with the time(s) you are available and I will make a schedule when we have more information.

Update: We need as many operators as possible – at least 15 ready to deploy by 0930.

That means showing up at the high school by around 0900. CERT bags, rain gear, go kits, radios, batteries and masks for COVID safety will be needed, and if you have a 4WD please bring it. This is asking a lot at the last minute, but it’s what we’ve been training for and unfortunately that’s how emergencies go.

Nathaniel, KN6LGM
    Participant

Hi Jeneen,

I am available tomorrow from 8am to 3pm–if that’s needed.

Nate

KN6LGM

Nathaniel, KN6LGM
    Participant

I can show up at 0900, have radios, batteries, 4WD, and can bring chainsaw if needed.

Nate

KN6LGM

Irma, KM6JVU
    Participant

I am available. Will be at High School at 9:00 am. Note I am near enough high school that I can provide coffee, tea etc if needed.

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

Hi Jeneen,

I can help out between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM. I feel somewhat limited with HT only, no 4 wheel drive, and I do not know the area well.

eva kn6czd

Thanks Eva. I wish I had more information to provide for everyone. We will find out what the plan is in the morning. These are the hearty folks who have signed up to be at the high school tomorrow around 9am (ops start at 0930).

Nate
    Catherine
    Brooke
    Jo
    Damaris
    Irma
    Bob (at noon)
    Angelo
    Jean
    Eva
    Jeneen
    Peter
    Neil
    David
    Joe G. from HMB + 1 other
    Sammy (w/CERT)
    Casey

Sammy, KF6SAM
    Participant

Hello,

I will be there with CERT. Not on ARES, but have a 4wd service truck with mobile and ht. And can help where ever seen fit.

Sammy

KF6SAM

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Just checking in on this board, busy elsewhere sorry.

I’ll be there, w/radios etc etc, in my trusty subaru

will I find a channel plan somewhere else in these threads.

Thanks Sammy & Casey. See you at 9.

Hi all,
    the COM plan for this morning can be found here:

http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/sc4ares_205_012621_evac.pdf

print it / download it in your phone. If you can but we will have copies at Pescadero High.

See you at 9:00am

Angelo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.