Group Admins

General

Public Group active 26 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Monthly Pager Test

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

November 5th is the first Thursday of the month and will be our first monthly test of the new pager system at 1900h. The test will take place on our VHF repeater, channel name CMD31, and will be preceded by a brief announcement. The entire test will take only a few minutes and requires no action on your part.

Background: Gabe (K6YAH) and I demonstrated this last year when we proposed paging as a way to notify CERT and ARES leadership and other means were not available. South Skyline Emergency Preparedness Organization made a grant to La Honda Fire for the purchase of several Motorola Minitor VI pagers for this program. These are the same type of pagers used to call our fire fighters and may receive pages on either the fire frequency or our repeater output frequency. The pager itself is a small, scanner radio which is muted until it receives a specially coded signal. In addition to sounding an alert the pager will record an audio message.

As part of our preparedness program we will test the system each month. If you have not received a pager then no action is required on your part and we thank you for cooperation. If you are in possession of a pager and do not receive the test page then please contact me.

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Very cool!

December 3rd is the first Thursday of the month and we will perform the monthly test of the pager system at 1900h. The test will take place on our VHF repeater, channel name CMD31, and will be preceded by a brief announcement. The entire test will take only a few minutes.

As part of our preparedness program we test the system periodically. If you have not received a pager then no action is required on your part and we thank you for cooperation. If you are in possession of a pager and do not receive the test page then please contact me.

April 1st is the first Thursday of the month and we will perform the monthly test of the pager system at approximately 1900h. The test will take place on our VHF repeater, channel name CMD31, and will be preceded by a brief announcement. The entire test will take only a few minutes.

As part of our preparedness program we test the system periodically. If you have not received a pager then no action is required on your part and we thank you for cooperation. If you are in possession of a pager and do not receive the test page then please contact me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.