Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 1 week, 5 days ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Mary’s Dropbox Invite

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Neil, W6VG 3 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Dewr Hammmers: You have received an email from me inviting you to join my “SC4ARC Team Dropbox”. I created this dedicated dropbox because I have these large videos in my personal box that I want to make easily accessible to all our members. Any addtitions to the box will be immediately available to all of you.

You will notice that the box is empty right now due to our sloooow wifi upload speed. I will take advantage of the faster speed tonight to upload the “Knobology II” videos recorded last year. Those of you who could not attend that class or want a refresher will have the opportunity to watch the videos at your leisure and fast-forward through the boring parts. You will learn about HF signals and the knobs on our radios that control them.

I hope to have more videos in the future. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Joseph, K9JOE
    Participant

I haven’t seen anything appear. Is it just me or is the directory still empty?
    I can help with uploads if need be. I have a really fast connection.

Joseph, K9JOE
    Participant

In fact,
    I just got a dropbox notice that 116 files had been uploaded to the SC4ARC dropbox, but I can’t see any of them. Help?

Joseph, K9JOE
    Participant

Hello?
    Is anyone reading this forum?

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

YES I AM! Now. It’s been a very busy couple of days. I’ll check my dropbx later and get back to you.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

At last…
    You should now be able to view, but not edit, the Knobology2 videos. You also have links to two .jpgs of the radios discussed in the vids.

Also, I put a file in the SCR Team folder entitled “Dropbox RemoveFiles” that tells you how to make sure you have not added those husky Knobology2 files to your own devices and if you have, how to remove them. You can watch the vids on-line but they’re way to big to be welcome guests on your iPad or PC unless you have tetrabytes of space.

Bye

Joseph, K9JOE
    Participant

Still a no go for me. Anyone else having trouble? Or is it just me?
    Been using dropbox continuously for 10 years and never had problems with it.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

OK. This “Dropbox Team” deal that seemed so simple is not. Soooo, I’m going to move those video files back to my personal dropbox and just send a simple link to ya’ all. However, I have a bunch of can’t-be-put-off-any-longer desk work to do, so the change won’t be right away.

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

I see the team members on dropbox, but no files.
    I got a separate drop box notification about a file share, and I can see a jpeg of an FT-450 front panel.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

By popular demand, I have dumped the Dropbox Team thing. You will get an email with a link to the SC4 Folder on my personal drop box. You will not have to have a dropbox account to view the Knobology2 files nor will you have to download them to your computer, though you can do that if you like.

Happy hamming

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Thanks for sticking with this, Mary. Even with our slow internet, these are working!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.