Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 11 hours, 46 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

If the repeater goes down again…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Angelo, N6QAD 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Use CTL95 if our repeater goes down again. It’s probably a good idea to monitor both repeaters because it might not be obvious that our repeater is down until you try to transmit, and by that time you may have missed important information.

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

For those that missed the net – the repeater failed to reset at the start of Monday night’s net (1/7/19). It came to life a few minutes later, before I was able to switch to simplex. I was able to hear others on the input frequency, so it was not a problem on my end.

We’ve also had a lot of repeater kerchunking activity lately, with no identification. That is not good behavior. FFC rules require identification during and at the end of transmission.

I was not able to get the repeater at all this morning. So I checked on the OES repeater and no one came back. I highly recommend that we all monitor both repeaters until we can find out what’s wrong with W6SCF and get it fixed. In my neck of the woods, Comcast was also out, so I was completely without communications.

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

OK, I’m now monitoring CTL95.

For the record, there were 10 of us on 80 Meters this morning, from EL Granada down to Ventura County. So HF was up 🙂

Angelo, N6QAD
    Participant

Jeneen asked me to go take a look. I will walk up there in about 1:30min and I will communicate on the 805.
    Hopefully it is something obvious.
    Angelo

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

Angelo has forced transmit on the repeater and it seems to be up. Please go there and check your ability to work it.

Angelo, N6QAD
    Participant

Hi, the repeater is down. I am monitoring the 805 (CTL95) and the output frequency of the repeater in simplex (CD31*)
    Angelo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.