Group Admins

General

Public Group active 31 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Holiday Party on ZOOM – Dec. 11, 7:00 p.m.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

We do not have a general meeting in December, but we are going to have a fun Holiday Party on ZOOM. We will:
    1. Have a White Elephant gift exchange
    2. Share (if you want) reflections of the past year and say goodbye to 2020
    3. Introduce the 2021 Board

This is how the White Elephant Exchange will work:
    1. First we need to know how many people want to participate. So, let me know!
    2. We will assign each participant a number
    3. Each participant find or buy a gift and wrap it (it can be that item you really want to get rid of; no more than $20 if purchasing a gift)
    4. All participants hold up and display their wrapped gifts on ZOOM
    5. Number 1 participant picks one of the displayed gifts. He/she unwraps the gift.
    6. Number 2 participant can either steal #1’s gift or pick another of the displayed gifts.
    7. If number 1’s gift gets stolen, he/she then has an opportunity to pick or steal another gift.
    8. Game continues until all gifts are chosen and unwrapped.
    9. A date and time will be set for gifts to be dropped off and picked up from the firehouse.

Gifts can only be stolen 3 times. Come one, come all. This is going to be great fun!!
    Remember, let me know that you will be attending and participating so we can randomly assign numbers.

Thanks. Pat

Jean and I will attend.
    QAD

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

Add Terry & Eva.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

I’ll be there.

And Jeneen.

Irma, KM6JVU
    Participant

Bob and Irma will be there as well.

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Neil and Mary will be attending and participating in the Zoom Elephant.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

Add Joleen, KM6FLO with a gift.

Let me know if you are attending the Party on Friday and want to participate in the White Elephant Exchange. As you can see, not many of our members have signed up yet. It really is a LOT of fun. Need to know in advance who is participating so we can generate random numbers for the draw. If anyone has any suggestions for how to do that, please let me know.

Thanks. Pat

Let me know if you are attending the Party on Friday and want to participate in the White Elephant Exchange. As you can see, not many of our members have signed up yet. It really is a LOT of fun. Need to know in advance who is participating so we can generate random numbers for the draw. If anyone has any suggestions for how to do that, please let me know.

Thanks. Pat

Thanks. Pat

Lisa, W6LSC
    Participant

Peter and Lisa are in! See you all Friday.

Last call for participants in the White Elephant Exchange at tomorrow’s Zoom Holiday Party. I have the following signed up:
    Jeneen, Linda, Pat, Angelo and Jean, David and Joleen, Terry and Eva, Peggy and Tom, Bob and Irma, Neil and Mary, Peter and Lisa. You don’t need a fancy gift; maybe something silly that you want to get rid of. Anything will do. Just make sure it is WRAPPED.

And, you don’t need to participate in the White Elephant Exchange to come to the party. Come one and come all!!!

Bob, please send out the zoom information. Thanks. See you tomorrow. Pat

Irma, KM6JVU
    Participant

ZOOM PARTY INFO HERE:

Topic: SC4ARC HOLIDAY PARTY !!!!!!
    Time: Dec 11, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://zoom.us/j/2224556690

Meeting ID: 222 455 6690
    One tap mobile
    +16699009128,,2224556690# US (San Jose)

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Hi, I hope to drop buy for a bit, sorry about the late notice.
    I’ll skip the white elephant as I have many dear white elephants already and have moved out to the doghouse as a result.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.