Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Bob, KM6DKE (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Mike, KJ6VCP (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 1 day, 6 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Fundraiser 09/05

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Saturday, September 5 between 1000h and 1200h the La Honda Fire Brigade will hold a meet and greet in the field beside the firehouse. This is intended as a chance for the community to meet the folks who fought the recent CZU Lightning Complex fire and the folks who provided logistic support. This is also a fundraiser.

SC4ARC has been invited by the brigade to participate and encouraged to receive donations. The community is looking to reach out to us, and this an opportunity we shouldn’t pass up.

Can we get a couple of volunteers to don their yellow vests, bring some membership forms? Maybe bring a pop-up canopy and banner? That would be swell.

Donations can be made to SC4ARC and mailed to PO Box 237, La Honda, CA 94020 or we accept PayPal at treasurer@sc4arc.org

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

Hi Peter, i have already signed up for the LHFB table 10-12, but Kathleen is recruiting more for that one, can we coordinate with her? I could switch over to the HAM table if we have more than we need for the LHFB table, could also help with set up for the HAM table. Maybe we can all meet at the FH at 9 and figure this out?

I have another commitment with CERT that morning. One of our other board members will have to take charge.

Kathleen is on the fire brigade board so she would be a good initial contact.

I can show up, but i have no canopy or banners to put up. I can bring a portable setup up for show and tell if needed.

Angelo

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

I will bring canopy, banners, table and chairs from the Resource Trailer for early setup. A show and tell sounds awesome Angelo. I think we should have sign-ups for membership, ARES, and licensing classes. And take donations of course. I can do an early shift at the table, come back later to pick things up if needed. – Neil

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

I’m confused: Who’s in charge here, that is, IC for this gig?

Neil (W6VG) has volunteered to coordinate this activity as part of the community outreach committee.

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Thanks Mary for the clarification. I will be IC for this “gig”.

We can still use a few folks to staff the booth for an hour or two. We should have 2-3 people at the booth throughout the two-hour event. If you can come for an hour, it would really help. Let’s show the face of our organization and be proud of the work we’ve done supporting LH Fire and the community during this fire event, and also the PSPS last winter. We can anticipate more activations this fire season and winter and should take this opportunity to recruit more members and licensed operators.

Please sign up here for 10am-11am, 11am-12pm, or for the full two hours. Many thanks to this amazing group. – Neil

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

I’ll be at the LHFB tent 10-11, can switch over to the HAM booth at 11-12.

Irma, KM6JVU
    Participant

I can be there 11-12.

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Thank you. I’ve got:

Neil 10-11
    Eva 11-12
    Irma 11-12
    Mary 10-12
    Angelo –
    Mike –

We’re close to being covered! Any others?

I’ll be there for setup, 9AM-ish.

I’ll be there for setup, 9AM-ish.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

I will be there 10 to 12 as assigned by Mr. Panton.

Lisa, W6LSC
    Participant

I will be there as long as you need.
    Lisa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.