Group Admins

General

Public Group active 8 hours, 3 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

firedispatch.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I notice that firedispatch.com is not showing anything from this side of the hill. Maybe it has something to do with the power outage? Does anyone know? This is one of the places I find information to try to piece together what’s going on.

Sammy, KF6SAM
    Participant

Hello Jeneen,

I believe once the local fire agency responds and it’s large enough. Then Cal Fire will take control and won’t show up. Unless you listen to their local command/tac frequency, probably out of the loop. Probably monitor their twitter updates. Even the Cal Fire app is pretty delayed, but I bet they are overwhelmed right now.

I like to use the PulsePoint app, it’s pretty detailed. Also the Caltrans App is pretty informative if people call to report smoke, or they have a road block. Works great for when 84 is closed for something.

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

Keep in mind firedispatch.com is not an official service – it’s a private service that some counties use. As far as I can tell, it only shows ‘active’ incidents. It could well be there’s nothing currently active over here.

The Butano (5-14 and 5-15) fires, the Waddell fire (Ano Nuevo), and the Warnella fire (Davenport) are being handled by Cal Fire, Santa Cruz and San Mateo unit (CZU.) So the Cal Fire web site is the place to look for status https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/ Cal Fire usually updates once a day. They’re active twitter users, and sometimes that has more frequent updates
    https://twitter.com/CALFIRECZU/

The initial dispatches for the fires were through San Mateo county, so they appeared on firedispatch.com, but they eventually rolled off.

Joseph, K9JOE
    Participant

Firedispatch only shows county fire resources. Wildland fires are automatically under the jurisdiction of Calfire. County resources will of course be part of any initial response but then will be released so they can provide normal coverage for other incidents. I don’t know of any website that lists Calfire units responding. Something that you can do is monitor the Calfire radio frequencies. The local command frequency is 151.37. They will also have a local tactical (I’ll try and discover it) and another good one is the air attack channel. I’ll try and get that one too. I don’t know it off hand.

Joseph, K9JOE
    Participant

The air tactical frequency (air command to helos and bombers) should be on 151.295. There are three possible ground tactical frequencies; I’ll try and determine which if any they are using. Also air to ground communications should be on 159.3675.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.