Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Bob, KM6DKE (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Mike, KJ6VCP (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 19 hours, 33 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Field Programming the FT60 Cheatsheet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I uploaded the cheatsheet version of the Field Programming the FT60 presentation to the club library.
    Enjoy,
    Bob

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Beautiful, Bob, thanks! I’ll share this today with new hams from last December’s class. They just got FT-60s and we’re meeting today to program and go over basics. Great timing! – Neil

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

That’s cool, Neil. My VX-6r got stolen the other night in a neighborhood wide set of breakins and openings and I’m thinking about another HT. The FT-60 seems to be a local favorite, and interoperability would help.
    thanks Bob for writing something such as this up.

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Sorry to hear about the break-ins and the loss of your radio. I hope some items might be recovered.

The FT-60 is a pretty basic radio, but has served me well. I’m still using the one I bought in 2007. I upgraded the battery to a Lithium Ion pack which is great. I also like the interoperability concept for emergency use. It’s like, here’s a fire hose – learn how to use it! That said, there are pretty cool features on some of the newer designs!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.