Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 1 week, 5 days ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

FIELD DAY Sign-ups!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mary, AF6IE 3 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Please let me or Mike know if you’re able to help with setup for Field Day:
    – Friday – antennas, beginning at 11am
    – Saturday – radios, tents, misc. beginning at 9am
    – Logistics – need a volunteer to pull together a few resources from various members. We know what we need and where the resources are located, so easy!

We’ll have a varied and interesting schedule of events for the weekend which will be posted ahead of time in these forums, as well as on the white board at Field Day. Activities will include learning about solar, digital operation, analyzing antennas, soldering, and MORE!

Either reply to this forum, or send an email through this website using the “contact us” page. Thanks!! This is shaping up to be a fun and interesting Field Day!

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

Field Day planning and logistics have been moving along. Like previous years, we will be running two main HF radio stations, using a Kenwood TS-940 and a Yeasu FT450. We will also have a Get-On-The-Air (GOTA) radio in the public information booth.

The FT450 will be set up for both analog and digital operation. We will also have a second digital station using a KX3 that we can bring online from the info booth, or swap in for the TS940 depending on whats happening on the bands.

I need two volunteers to be radio ‘Captains’ for the FT450 and TS940 stations. You don’t have to be an expert with either radio to be Captain, you just have to be the point person for figuring out problems, and fixing them or getting help from someone else.
    The radio Caption will have to:

1) Know a little about the radio and it’s Field Day configuration (like which antennas it’s connected to.)
    2) Review the operation cheatsheets before Field Day.
    3) Arrive early on Saturday morning (9AM) to help set up and test the radio.

This is a great way to learn about a specific radio, and how to deploy it in the field. . I will have time to help set things up on Saturday, but one we’re on the air at 11AM things tend to get busy so the Radio Captain will be the point person. The Captain doesn’t need to be available for the whole 24 hour event, most problems pop up when we are just getting started on Saturday.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Since no one else has done, I volunteer for logistics.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.