General

FIELD DAY – June 25th & 26th!!!! Please read…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Neil, W6VG
    Participant

We’ll be at La Honda Gardens again this year June 25th & 26th, with antenna set-up Friday, June 24th. Mike Pittaro will be Operations Chief, but we still need a Logistics Chief. Many of our resources are already together, so it’s just a matter of ensuring a few other items are brought to the event. Please contact me asap if you’re able to help. Mike and I are meeting this Sunday, and it would be great to have Logistics there.

There will be many learning opportunities this year; antenna analyzers, solar stations, digital operation, soldering, and more! Jeneen is organizing the Saturday evening potluck, and Jack McKinnon has offered to do breakfast on Sunday. Please contact them to sign up.

Overnight camping is welcome, and encouraged. We plan to operate 24 hrs from 11am Saturday until 11am Sunday. Though we’re exhausted at the end, save some energy to help break down and pack up on Sunday. We’re usually out of there by 2pm – just about the right time for a burger and a tasty beverage at Alice’s!!

Following our meeting this Sunday, we’ll post sign-ups for various activities and a rough schedule for the weekend. Please plan to join us for all or part. It’s a great time!!!

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

I uploaded the 2016 Field Day schedule to the library.

http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/2016_sc4arc_fd_operations_schedule.pdf

We have lots of activities happening over the weekend, with two main HF stations plus a Get On the Air Station.

If you can’t arrive early on Saturday for setup, try to be there by 10:30 AM for the operations briefing, where will will go over the plan and any last minute changes.

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

The Field Day schedule has been updated to fix some typos, and add activities. Same link:
    http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/2016_sc4arc_fd_operations_schedule.pdf

Mike, do you have times for the “classes” in the GOTA station?

Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

We did not schedule specific times for the educational items. The plan is to have everything available in the booth, and we will do ad-hoc scheduling and informal talks based on demand.

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Things are shaping up well for Field Day, but temperatures will be in the high 70’s all weekend. Bring sunscreen, water, hats, etc. to keep cool. We’ll have a few canopies around the field and I’ll bring my mister bottles. They may come in handy this year!

Sorry for my lack of input so far for field day, had some traveling and a death in the family. Fun times…

Anyhow, I would like to bring by the plates and stuff tomorrow night and drop them off since Rags and I may not make it to field day till around 4 or so on Saturday.

Is there any good place to leave those tomorrow (Friday) night? It’ll be late before we get off work and drop everything off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.