General

Fantastic ARES Presentation by Pat O’Coffey

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Greetings Hams and Hamettes!
    I went to a SSEPO BoD meeting last night where Pat O’Coffey did an amazing power point presentation describing the chain of command for emcomms Coast Side, and their unique tri-county area with many neighborhood groups. This is exactly the direction we are all moving in, with Nick/CEC, unifying band plan, and inter-agency training. I hope we can schedule Pat to give this presentation at one of our club meetings, and then I’d like to see Jim Holley do the same for his Branches 1 and 2, and Jeneen for her SC4ARES region. Nothing like this has ever been done before, and judging by the excitement from the SSEPO BoD last night, ALL of the hard work from many dedicated civilians is finally coming to fruition. Thank you Pat for taking the time to do this presentation, and yours will be the model we will expand upon for the other Branches/regions, and those yet to come!
    In Ham We Trust,
    Linda w6ljb

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Can’t wait to see it!

Paul, KJ6MPZ
    Participant

I am with Neil on this…. Sounds great

I should have mentioned that pat’s presentation deals with ARES/RACES chain of command and shows the flow of comms from the bottom, boots on the ground, up to Area EOC/OES. It includes the neighborhood groups using GMRS/telephone trees as well.
    A LOT of research!
    Linda

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.