Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Bob, KM6DKE (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Mike, KJ6VCP (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 8 hours, 57 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Emergency Kits

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear all,
    I have been putting together some slides on Emergency Kits that I wanted to share with you in one of our next meeting.
    I am sending it out today hoping that you could find some useful information to plan (if you haven’t done so yet) for the uncertain situation we are facing and the potential disruption of services that an increase in spread of the COVID-19 virus may lead to.

Here is the link to the slides: http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/emergency-kits.pdf

Situation in other countries is becoming quite serious. In Italy entire regions have been closed and people have been forbidden to move freely from north to south. All public institution are closed, stores have shortage of supplies and hospitals in the affected regions are full having to decided who will receive care and who will not.

As you all know it is important to try to slow down the spreading of the virus to give hospitals the chance to take care of the small percentage of people who get bad complications.

CDC guidelines are reported here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Stay safe and healthy and if the need be we will go through this as a community as usual.
    Best,
    Angelo

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

Wow! This is fantastic, Angelo. I love the systematic/modular approach and scenario-based custom kits *with photos*. Thank you so much for putting this together.

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Hey Angelo, thank you for the succinct write up. May I share it out-of-group? I could host it elsewhere if traffic is a concern.

The various reports out of Italy are sad and sobering.

Hi Casey,
    feel free to distribute it. I asked Peter and he says there should not be bandwidth problems.

Yes the situation in Italy is grave and other European countries are following. Hopefully they will start applying similar measures asap.

Here numbers are smaller but test availability is scarce thus we really don’t know what the real situation is.

All we can do is to try to follow CDC recommendation.

Please stay safe.
    Best,
    Angelo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.