Group Admins

General

Public Group active 20 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Debris Flow Webinar – Wed. Dec. 16

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Please see the invite below to attend a webinar on Wed. Dec. 16 at 7:00 on the potential Debris Flows. Advance registration is required. You will receive a registration confirmation that contains a homework assignment. Please review the suggested material prior to the webinar. Thanks. Pat

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.

When: Dec 16, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Topic: Mudslide & Debris Flow Winter Training Webinar – CERT DSWV

Register in advance for this webinar:

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7UTSMKPiTeS2o2-Y39tc4w

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Hi Pat;

is it safe to assume that this is / has gone out to the True CERTS™ down in the Canyon? As y’all may of followed we have CERTS and BERTS, BERTS being helpful folks but variously trained and certified.

if not, shall I pass it along?

thanks for putting this together.

some interesting social dilemmas – I’ve been trying to find language to make the mid-to-worse case threats more apparent, and have come up with ranges of olympic swimming pools of debris moving between 10 and 30 mph. without notice.

Many of our Butano Rebel Fire Brigade are convinced that the threat isn’t that serious, and evacuation is alarmist. in family language.

Casey, the message will ONLY be going out to REAL CERTs if Kathleen has their information. She is the South Coast CERT Coordinator who sends the messages to South Coast CERTs.

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Perfect Info for me, thanks!
    let’s hope she got my updates

Irma, KM6JVU
    Participant

Here is the link to the County doc on debris flow that Krista mentioned during the holiday party:
    https://www.smcgov.org/sites/smcgov.org/files/CZU%20Lightning%20Complex%20WERT%20Final%2010-6-20.pdf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.