General

Christmas Party!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Our annual Christmas party is on Friday, Dec. 6, starting at 6:30.  The festivities will be at  Will’s place at 301 Mindego Hill Rd. (directions below).  As usual, we will have a potluck dinner and a white elephant gift exchange.

Potluck:  BYOB, and please let me know which category of dish you plan to bring.  We need the following:

– Hors d’oeuvres

– Main dish (veggie or not)

– Side dish (starchy or veggie)

– Salad

– Bread

– Dessert

– Non-alcoholic drinks

White Elephant Gift Exchange:   Bring an inexpensive gift for the gift exchange.  Nothing is too gaudy, too practical, too impractical, or too bizarre (ok…no live animals.  And now that I have to think about it, no dead animals either.)!  The goofier the better.

Directions:  Take Pescadero Creek Road to Alpine Road, about a mile from the intersection of 84 and Pescadero Creek Road.   Go about 1.5 miles up Alpine Road, and turn left on Mindego Hill Rd.  Will’s house is the first house on the left, past the horse enclosures.  Bring your radio in case you run into problems finding it.

Bob, W6RES
    Participant

We’ll bring Baked Artichoke Hearts as a side dish (more veggie than starchy).

Bob

Paul, KJ6MPZ
    Participant

We will bring a salad……

We will bring hummus with accessories

I have the following people signed up for the potluck.  Please sign up, if you haven’t already.  Generally, couples have been signing up for one dish, so be sure to bring a double amount in that case, so there will be lots of food.  Thanks!

Main:  Lisa, Linda

Salad:  Trudy, Paul

Bread:  Jack, Linda

Side:  Bill, Bob, Peggy, Mary

Appetizer:  Rob, Sherry, Wendy, Jeneen

Dessert:  Jimme, Neil, Lisa

Non-alcoholic Drinks: Pat, Jeneen

I will bring some non-alcoholic drinks.  Pat

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Neil and I will bring yams.

It looks like we could use another dessert, so I’ll sign up for a dessert and an appetizer.

Jeneen

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Changed my mind. Not yams, green beans from me and a dessert from Neil.

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Question: there was talk about inviting a significant number of non-member guests who, I assume, will not be bringing food. If my assumption is correct, do we have a head count so we can estimate how much to bring of our dishes?

Wendy, WZ6KAT
    Participant

I can bring deviled eggs!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.