Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Bob, KM6DKE (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Mike, KJ6VCP (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 20 hours, 42 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Chipper Program – Still 3 slots to fill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The chipper program is starting soon — July 11. We still have 3 volunteer slots to fill. Please help! We will do it safely.
    The open shifts are:
    July 11 — 12:30 to 4:00
    July 19 — 9:00 to 12:30
    July 19 — 12:30 to 4:00
    Aug 2 — 9:00 to 12:30

Thanks!!!

I’ve signed up for the afternoon of the 11th.

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

Have any changes to the data collection protocol been considered due to Cvid-19? For example, contact-less online preregistration to avoid using a shared iPad and talking close up through a rolled down truck window to a mask-less person (or someone wearing a mask and pulling it down) shouting over their engine noise. Could we simply count cars or write down the license plate?

Terry and I strongly support the chipper program and singed up, but are concerned about the data intake requirement.

You must make your own decision taking into account your comfort, your health and the health of those in your family. The fire department is finalizing the protocol, but so far:

Some guidelines for the Chipper Program:
    1. Masks are to be worn at all times
    2. Try to keep a 6 ft. distance from each other.
    3. For each shift, assign one person to put entries into the iPad. That eliminates the need for wiping after each use.
    4. iPad and tables to be wiped with disinfectant wipes before and after each shift and if the iPad changes hands.
    5. Hand out the Disaster Ready Guide. Guides are available in the meeting room of the Fire House.

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    I’m rolling in Sunday for the day – any practical information for me other than the preceding bits? wisdome gained from the current field? are the ChipperProtesters active? More tire slashing? etc. I have gnarly hydrogenperoxid wipes, should I bring them along in their festive packaging? is the tent 6’x(NpersonStaffing) wide, or should I bring additional screening?

My current plan is to bring a cooler for lunch’n’snacks, a book/kindle, and a lot of sunscreen.

Bring an HT. It’s handy for coordinating dropoffs with the gate when you’re out in the middle of the site.

Casey, about a week ago I sent all of the volunteers some guidelines to follow. We have made a couple of changes since then — elimination of the iPad in favor of paper and pen.

1. Wear face masks

2. Try to keep a distance of 6 ft.

3. Wipes will be available for sanitizing the table, etc, between shifts.

4. A shade, table, chairs and cold water will be provided. However, food will not be provided this year. Please bring your own snacks.

5. A porta potty will be available. If used, please use disinfectant wipes on the handles – both in and out – the seat, lid and any surface touched.

6. Instead of using an iPad this year, we are using paper and pen to record loads. One of the volunteers prepared a spreadsheet of all addresses within Cuesta which will make this easier. This spreadsheet will be provided to the morning shift on both days. Morning shift needs to pass it to the afternoon shift, along with instructions.

6. Please provide each visitor with a copy of the Disaster Ready Guide, firefighter recruitment form and CERT sign-up form.

Thanks for being there! Pat

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.