Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 5 days, 4 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

BA MakerFare 19 interesting radioish review

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Casey, KA5WAX 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Hi Folks,

it was fun to see some of you down at the Faire this weekend past. I had been living there for a week and preparing for a few weeks before so sorry if I was exceptionally daffy.

This review popped up in our internal Maker reference panopticon; http://w5nyv.blogspot.com/2019/05/maker-faire-2019-bay-area.html which I think some of you may be interested in.

as far as the Amateur Radio cluster’s location – that wasn’t me! That was done by Editorial a couple of months ago, and as the logistics planning collapsed into reality the location locked in before I saw it. It was embarrassing. If we get to do this again I will ask that they get moved into one of the foyer areas, or over to the Home Grown village interior. ( or back to Expo where they’ve been for years )

Whoever was doing the walk-in testing was a class act; they arranged comp tickets for whoever showed up at the entrances.

My formal engagement w/MF will be over in a couple of weeks, fwiw, and won’t fire up again until the end of summer. I invite you to PM me with feedback which I can stream into staff feedback channels before the channels lose emphasis.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.