Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 15 hours, 34 minutes ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

BA MakerFare 19 interesting radioish review

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Casey, KA5WAX 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Casey, KA5WAX
    Participant

Hi Folks,

it was fun to see some of you down at the Faire this weekend past. I had been living there for a week and preparing for a few weeks before so sorry if I was exceptionally daffy.

This review popped up in our internal Maker reference panopticon; http://w5nyv.blogspot.com/2019/05/maker-faire-2019-bay-area.html which I think some of you may be interested in.

as far as the Amateur Radio cluster’s location – that wasn’t me! That was done by Editorial a couple of months ago, and as the logistics planning collapsed into reality the location locked in before I saw it. It was embarrassing. If we get to do this again I will ask that they get moved into one of the foyer areas, or over to the Home Grown village interior. ( or back to Expo where they’ve been for years )

Whoever was doing the walk-in testing was a class act; they arranged comp tickets for whoever showed up at the entrances.

My formal engagement w/MF will be over in a couple of weeks, fwiw, and won’t fire up again until the end of summer. I invite you to PM me with feedback which I can stream into staff feedback channels before the channels lose emphasis.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.