Group Admins

General

Public Group active 1 day, 17 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

ARES new requirements, public folder, registration and training material

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    per the request of some members, I have posted a sticky message in the SC4ARES News forum, with a link to the document folder and basic instructions on how to register and maintain the ARES membership.

The message shows up at the top of the page so people can always find it easily when they need to access the folder.

Some ARES members don’t have yet their official badges. We are working on new badges and an ARES kit for everyone to be distributed hopefully for the SET in October.

Please READ the new requirements to be part of and maintain SC4ARES membership in the Field Operating Guide available in the public folder.
    In particular, we now require that ALL SC4ARES members take the IS-100 training available on the FEMA website at:

https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=is-100.c

The certificate of completion needs to be submitted together with the filled taskbook to the EC (instructions are in the sticky message at the top of the ARES News forum).

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best,
    Angelo N6QAD
    SC4ARES EC

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

Reminder: For the many of us who took the FEMA IS courses years ago, the courses have changed (hence the IS-100.c instead of IS-100.a, et. al. Check the .(letter) on your certificate to see if it is the current version.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

Arr they different enough that we need to re-take them?

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

Ar they different enough that we need to re-take them?

Nathaniel, KN6LGM
    Participant

once I have completed the IS-100 course, who should I send the documentation to?

Eva, KN6CZD
    Participant

Nate, you fill out your task book and send it with the certificate to Angelo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.