Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 2 days, 10 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

ARES activation – PSPS 10/26/2019

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Angelo, N6QAD (emergency coordinator) 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I just started the generator on the 2m repeater. A tank of gas (1 gallon) should run the engine 6-8 hours and probably restores the batteries to 75-80% full, buying us another 36 hours of independent operation depending on how much it transmits. I suggest that we re-start the generator Tuesday late afternoon or evening (in 24 hours) and approximately every 24 hours for the duration of the shutdown.

After power is restored and the batteries have charged for 24 hours they should be full once again.

If someone would like to volunteer for Tuesday, please respond here. You’ll need to bring your own gas can with you.

Sammy, KF6SAM
    Participant

Hello,

I have 5-gallons of gas in my work truck (plus generator) and can do that. Live near Apple Jacks.

Would love to help where needed.

-Sammy

New update,
    Ari has asked us to close the DOC for the night. We will reopen at 5am. So the first shift is going to be a 5 hours shift not a 6 hours one.

The new schedule is:

Tuesday 29 – 5:00am – 10:00am Linda, Craig
    Tuesday 29 – 10:00am – 4:00pm Eva, Neil
    Tuesday 29 – 4:00pm – 10:00pm Mike, Kathleen
    Tuesday 29 – 10:00pm – 4:00am Brian, Bob
    Wednesday 30 – 4:00am – 10:00am Jeneen, Casey
    Wednesday 30 – 10:00am – 4:00pm Irma, Sue
    Wednesday 30 – 4:00pm – 10:00pm Peggy, Terry
    Might not be needed
    Wednesday 30 – 10:00pm – 4:00am ______, ______
    Thursday 31 – 4:00am – 10:00am David, ______

Linda and Craig have confirmed. I am going to send an email to the list asking for email confirmations.
    Thanks again everybody.
    Angelo

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

I’ve checked the PG&E website, and they say my address is not in the affected area for tomorrow morning. I’m going to take that with a grain of salt, but if it’s true, that’s good news.

Hi all,
    as per Ari’s reccomandation given the weather changes we will delay the opening of the DOC to 10pm. We then cancel the first 3 shifts.
    The first shift will be tomorrow at 10pm.
    Bob an Brjan will take that shift as per schedule.

Tuesday 29 – 10:00pm – 4:00am Brian, Bob
    Wednesday 30 – 4:00am – 10:00am Jeneen, Casey
    Wednesday 30 – 10:00am – 4:00pm Irma, Sue
    Wednesday 30 – 4:00pm – 10:00pm Peggy, Terry
    Might not be needed
    Wednesday 30 – 10:00pm – 4:00am ______, ______
    Thursday 31 – 4:00am – 10:00am David, ______

Thanks again everybody.
    Angelo

Thank you, Sammy! I’ve sent you directions to the repeater in a private message.

Do we have another volunteer to re-fuel the generator Wednesday afternoon? Please respond here…

Hi everyone,
    apologies if last night messages on radio email and website did not reach everybody. Next time I will make sure that if a message arrives late in the evening it will be repeated several time during the day.
    Besides that all planned shifts starting tonight at 10pm are confirmed. The only update is that Eva will substitute Terry tomorrow at 4pm.
    We will not have check ins at 10pm tonight so I will do check ins tonight at 8pm from home.
    Thank you all again for helping out.
    Best,
    Angelo

Sammy, KF6SAM
    Participant

My pleasure.

Will and I refueled the generator and started it up. But as soon as we got back the grid power was back on.

I can return Wednesday afternoon if needed (if power goes out tonight again). Not too far from me.

Cheers,

Sammy

Sammy

Hi everyone,
    we have good news. Weather conditions have been resolved. Power is up almost everywhere.
    The fire department has asked us to terminate DOC operations at 9am.
    Every other planned shift is canceled.
    Thank you all for helping out the community.
    We will have a post activation debrief at the next meeting.
    Have a great day.
    Angelo

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.