Group Admins

General

Public Group active 1 day, 18 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

Antenna Build Party August 7th at Neil & Mary’s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Neil, W6VG
    Participant

You are invited to an Antenna Build Party August 7th, 10am – 1pm at Neil and Mary’s house in San Gregorio. It’s a repeat of the event we held here in 2020 – an opportunity to build your own 2 meter/70cm J-pole antenna. Quite a few club members walked away with antennas that helped get them better transmission and reception into our repeater. If you’d rather just watch and learn, that’s fine too. We hope to make 6-8 antennas to give away. We might also play around with a roll-up design that easily fits in a backpack or go-kit.

It’s also a chance to practice soldering if you’d like to get some experience with that. We’ll have three build stations set up, easy instructions for putting together the antenna, and folks available to help with all aspects of the build. We’ll have some snack foods and beverages and will figure out some sort of lunch. Feel free to bring something to share.

Please RSVP so we can do the appropriate planning. Looking forward to seeing you the 7th! – Neil & Mary

Photo from February 2020

J-pole design – 2m-70cm j-pole design

Courtney, KN6NQR
    Participant

This sounds great! Looking forward to it.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

What time?

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like we’ll have a great build party! Time will be 10am (setup around 9am). We’ll likely order a few pizzas from the market for lunch, but should wrap up around 12:30 or 1pm. Let me know if you need directions to the house. – Neil

Nathaniel, KN6LGM
    Participant

Hay Neil,

Can you post the address, or directions on how to get there.
    looking forward to it!

Nate

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

We’re about 3.5 miles west of La Honda, on the left (south) side of 84. Go just past Driscoll Event Center, the rodeo grounds, and turn left onto the lane going to the OVY Youth Camp Event Center. There’s a yellow sign on the hill, and mailboxes and a sign up there with addresses – 5360/5350. I’ll also put an A frame out so you’ll know you’re in the right place. Just drive in the lane about 100yds and you’ll see the parking area. I’ll send you a PM with my phone number. – Neil

Nathaniel, KN6LGM
    Participant

thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.