2018 Holiday Party Particulars (14 posts)

• Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president) Jeneen, W6NCS (president) said 2 months ago:

The SC4ARC Holiday Potluck will be on Friday, December 7th starting at 6pm. This year the party will be at the Cuesta La Honda clubhouse at 120 Scenic Dr. Because it’s at the clubhouse, we’ll need a set up committee and a tear down committee. Please sign up for either or both of those if you can. The clubhouse has a microwave, but no stove, oven or refrigerator. There are electrical outlets for crockpots, etc. if you need them. Please sign up for a dish to bring, and also plan to bring drinks to share.

Potluck Sign Ups:
    Hors D’Oeuvres: Mary
    Main Dish (meat): Adda (pulled pork & mini buns)
    Main Dish (vegetarian): Angelo (lasagna)
    Side Dish (veggie): Jeneen (glazed carrots), Peggy (yams), Lisa (roots)
    Side Dish (starch): Mittons, Bill (beans), Jeneen (potatoes)
    Salad: Mittons
    Bread: Pat
    Dessert: Angelo, Peter (cheesecake), David (apple pie)
    Plates, napkins, silverware, cups: Jeneen

Set Up/Decorating Sign Ups: We need at least a couple of people to bring decorations and set up the tables, etc. We may be able to borrow some decorations from the fire house. We are welcome to set up any time after noon on Friday.
    – Will & Adda
    – Angelo

Tear Down Sign Ups: Everything needs to be taken down and cleaned up after the party. There is a yoga class first thing in the morning.
    – Mary
    – Jeneen
    – Angelo
    – Mittons

• Profile picture of Mary, AF6IE Mary, AF6IE said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

I will bring an hors d’œuvre and clean-up

• Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president) Jeneen, W6NCS (president) said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

As Peggy pointed out on the net tonight, I didn’t mention anything about the White Elephant gift exchange. There will be a gift exchange, so be sure to bring a gift from everyone in your party so everyone can participate. Nothing fancy, of course, and the more outlandish the better.

• Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president) Jeneen, W6NCS (president) said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

The party is less than a week away! Please sign up for your potluck item(s) ASAP so we can plan accordingly. I will keep this post updated with the responses I get so you can check in to see what’s needed.

• Profile picture of Angelo, N6QAD Angelo, N6QAD said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Jean and Angelo will bring a vegetarian main dish (butternut squash lasagna) and a dessert.
    I will help setting up and tearing down.
    Angelo

• Profile picture of Irma, KM6JVU Irma, KM6JVU said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

The Mittons will bring a salad and a side dish (starch). We can help clean up.

• I will bring rolls / butter and possibly another side dish.

• Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president) Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president) said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

I am bringing a yams dish.

• Profile picture of David, KM6DOV David, KM6DOV said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

I’ll bring an apple pie. If things go according to plan, it will be apples from my trees.
    I’m double booked for holiday parties on Friday, so I’ll need to duck out early.

• Profile picture of Lisa, W6LSC Lisa, W6LSC said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

I will bring a side of roasted roots.

I will bring roasted Brussels sprouts, with bacon on the side for those who want.

Forget the roots. There’s enough starch sides.

• Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer) Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer) said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

I’m bringing a roasted bay nut, ricotta cheese cake. Don’t worry: It tastes nothing like bay leaves!

• Profile picture of David, KM6DOV David, KM6DOV said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful party. It was a lot of fun, and it’s always nice to see the faces of those who I hear on the radio on Monday nights as well as new friends.