Group Admins

• Profile picture of Linda, W6LJB (district emergency coordinator)
  • Profile picture of admin
  • Profile picture of Jeneen, W6NCS (president)
  • Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer)
  • Profile picture of Peggy, KI6PGA (vice president)
  • Profile picture of Pat, KJ6GMG (secretary & emergency coordinator)

General

Public Group active 5 days, 2 hours ago

Discussion of general interest including club business and events. Please post ARES discussion in the SC4ARES group.

2018 Holiday Party Particulars

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  David, KM6DOV 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

The SC4ARC Holiday Potluck will be on Friday, December 7th starting at 6pm. This year the party will be at the Cuesta La Honda clubhouse at 120 Scenic Dr. Because it’s at the clubhouse, we’ll need a set up committee and a tear down committee. Please sign up for either or both of those if you can. The clubhouse has a microwave, but no stove, oven or refrigerator. There are electrical outlets for crockpots, etc. if you need them. Please sign up for a dish to bring, and also plan to bring drinks to share.

Potluck Sign Ups:
    Hors D’Oeuvres: Mary
    Main Dish (meat): Adda (pulled pork & mini buns)
    Main Dish (vegetarian): Angelo (lasagna)
    Side Dish (veggie): Jeneen (glazed carrots), Peggy (yams), Lisa (roots)
    Side Dish (starch): Mittons, Bill (beans), Jeneen (potatoes)
    Salad: Mittons
    Bread: Pat
    Dessert: Angelo, Peter (cheesecake), David (apple pie)
    Plates, napkins, silverware, cups: Jeneen

Set Up/Decorating Sign Ups: We need at least a couple of people to bring decorations and set up the tables, etc. We may be able to borrow some decorations from the fire house. We are welcome to set up any time after noon on Friday.
    – Will & Adda
    – Angelo

Tear Down Sign Ups: Everything needs to be taken down and cleaned up after the party. There is a yoga class first thing in the morning.
    – Mary
    – Jeneen
    – Angelo
    – Mittons

Mary, AF6IE
    Participant

I will bring an hors d’œuvre and clean-up

As Peggy pointed out on the net tonight, I didn’t mention anything about the White Elephant gift exchange. There will be a gift exchange, so be sure to bring a gift from everyone in your party so everyone can participate. Nothing fancy, of course, and the more outlandish the better.

The party is less than a week away! Please sign up for your potluck item(s) ASAP so we can plan accordingly. I will keep this post updated with the responses I get so you can check in to see what’s needed.

Angelo, N6QAD
    Participant

Jean and Angelo will bring a vegetarian main dish (butternut squash lasagna) and a dessert.
    I will help setting up and tearing down.
    Angelo

Irma, KM6JVU
    Participant

The Mittons will bring a salad and a side dish (starch). We can help clean up.

I will bring rolls / butter and possibly another side dish.

I am bringing a yams dish.

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

I’ll bring an apple pie. If things go according to plan, it will be apples from my trees.
    I’m double booked for holiday parties on Friday, so I’ll need to duck out early.

Lisa, W6LSC
    Participant

I will bring a side of roasted roots.

Lisa, W6LSC
    Participant

I will bring roasted Brussels sprouts, with bacon on the side for those who want.

Lisa, W6LSC
    Participant

Forget the roots. There’s enough starch sides.

I’m bringing a roasted bay nut, ricotta cheese cake. Don’t worry: It tastes nothing like bay leaves!

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful party. It was a lot of fun, and it’s always nice to see the faces of those who I hear on the radio on Monday nights as well as new friends.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.