General

2015 Field Day Operators

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike, KJ6VCP
    Participant

As usual, the logistics teams have food and equipment under control, but the most important part of Field Day is operating.

We will be on the air continuously from 11:00 Saturday until 11:00 Sunday, and that requires operators. It’s also a great chance to practice operating in friendly conditions.

The event schedule is at http://www.sc4arc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/2015_field_day_schedule.pdf Outside the planned events, there is plenty of time for operating,

We will have two HF radios set up for voice, a Get-On-The-Air (GOTA) HF Station with digital capabilities, and a GOTA VHF station with digital capabilities. Our antenna selection will get us on the air day day and night.

I will be there for the duration, but I realize not everyone can do that. If you are planning to be there, respond to this post or message me, and let me know if you are confirmed, likely, or iffy. as well as when so we can plan operations to make sure we don’t miss any opportunities.

This looks good. Rags and I will be there Saturday afternoon and stay till early Sunday afternoon.

Out of curiosity is the Tape Measure Yagi 1630 – 1730 going to be another workshop or is that just to use the Tape Measure Yagi? If it’s another workshop, I’d love to make one myself as well since I never did over the last year. 🙂

Neil, W6VG
    Participant

I hope to do a lot of operatin’ over the weekend. I’ll be there early Saturday for the duration!

I just realized that I have something planned for that evening that had completely slipped my mind. So we’ll come Saturday and do some operating but we’ll be headed out around 4:30.

We will also come back on Sunday for cleanup.

I’ll be there the whole weekend.

Paul, KJ6MPZ
    Participant

I’ll be there the whole weekind too…..

Paul, KJ6MPZ
    Participant

I’ll be there the whole weekind too…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.