ID Cards for Current SC4ARES Members (8 posts)

• We are finally being offered ID cards from SMCO. You must be a current member of SC4ARES to apply. Please email Nick Gottuso directly, with your full name and DOB. Tell him you got this info from me :)
    ngottuso@smcgov.org
    Ham on!

• Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer) Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer) said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Forwarded from Nick Gottuso:

We have scheduled the date and time to take our first batch of CEC ID card photos.

WHEN: TUESDAY, January 27th, 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM

WHERE: Coastside Emergency Operations Center (CEOC) 537 Kelly Ave. Half Moon Bay (attached to the HMB Sheriff’s Substation, formerly HMB PD)

WHAT TO DO NEXT: Come on by and bring some photo ID and a smile!

We will hold another photo shoot during the evening or on a weekend for those of you who can’t make it to this first session. Once your photo has been taken, we will start manufacturing the cards during the following days at the Belmont Police Department, where the machine lives. I will bring them back to the coast for distribution as they are made.

Thank you for your continued support and dedication to the Coastside Emergency Corps project,

See you soon,

Nick

If you haven’t had your fingerprints taken for a background check, you must first contact Nick by email: ngottuso@smcgov.org or phone: 650 726-4069 and give him your full name and date of birth to start and then make an appointment for fingerprinting at either the Hall Of Justice in Redwood City (phone: 650 599-1520) or the sheriff’s substation in Moss Beach (phone: 650 573-2801.)

If you aren’t sure if Nick has your name and date of birth: Try making an appointment at either the Hall of Justice or substation and see if they have your paperwork ready. Only about a third of the people who’ve signed up have had their fingerprints taken so far.

• Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer) Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer) said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Followup from Nick Gottuso:

Turnout for yesterday’s ID card photo shoot was outstanding! If you were among the 36 who dropped by with a smile, thank you very much. Your cards should be ready by the end of next week, if everything goes well. I will let you know when and where you can pick them up once we know for sure. If you were working yesterday or otherwise couldn’t make it, the make-up photo shoot will be at 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM on Tuesday, February 10th at the CEOC (edit: 537 Kelly Ave. Half Moon Bay, attached to the HMB Sheriff’s Substation, formerly HMB PD). Please make every effort to stop by and have your ID card photo taken by our wonderful Belmont PD volunteer, Tim Wong.

See you there!

Nick

• Profile picture of Jack, KK6MLA Jack, KK6MLA said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Nick will be our guest speaker at the February SC4ARC meeting

• Profile picture of Paul, KJ6MPZ Paul, KJ6MPZ said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Is this going to be the only time we can get the pictures?? Bcause I am currently working a swing shift, and those hours are going to be tough for me to meet…

• Profile picture of Mary, AF6IE Mary, AF6IE said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Pau: As Nick said in another letter,
    “If you are not able to attend the make-up photo shoot on February 10th at 7:00 PM at the CEOC, I will make other arrangements for you, but I urge you to do what you can to make it. You’ll get your ID card sooner that way.

Thanks again for your outstanding support for this project. See you soon!”

• Profile picture of Mary, AF6IE Mary, AF6IE said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Paul: As Nick said in another letter,
    “If you are not able to attend the make-up photo shoot on February 10th at 7:00 PM at the CEOC, I will make other arrangements for you, but I urge you to do what you can to make it. You’ll get your ID card sooner that way.

Thanks again for your outstanding support for this project. See you soon!”

• Profile picture of Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer) Peter, KI6FAO (treasurer) said 3 years, 9 months ago:

A couple of people have asked how they might attach their new ID cards to their lanyards or badge clips. I’ve ordered a package of these badge holders, with zip lock closure:

These are made of heavy vinyl and will hold up to three standard (credit card sized) cards and the cards cannot slip out accidentally, nor dirt get in. They attach to your neck lanyard or bulldog clip.

I’ll bring these to our next several meetings: Bring your CEC card and you’ll get a holder, free.