Group Admins

SC4ARES

Public Group active 2 months, 1 week ago

Please post general club or radio topics in the General group.

firescan.net

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joseph, K9JOE
    Participant

Some of you may remember firescan.net. For many years it was a great resource providing recorded audio from many different fire dispatch frequencies. Very handy to go back and review radio traffic. About a year ago it was transitioned to scanrad.io with better receivers and an improved web interface. Unfortunately, during the first hours of the CZU fire complex, the owner’s home in Bonny Doon and most of his radios and computers were completely destroyed. Six hours later his site on Empire Grade was burned taking the remaining equipment with it. I thought for sure it would never return. To my surprise, he is bringing everything back, now using SDRs, and as of this morning our local fire dispatch channels are back up. Please support the site if you can. It is a great resource.

scanrad.io

-Joseph

David, KM6DOV
    Participant

This is a very useful resource. Thanks for sharing. I really like the 2-tone decode column. That makes it easier to zero in on locally relevant traffic.
    Was this at the WB6ECE tower site? That was a tragic loss to the region. They’re still 20k short in their rebuild fundraiser: https://www.gofundme.com/f/rebuild-the-empire-grade-tower-site

Joseph, K9JOE
    Participant

My best guess is yes, that was one of the sites that he used.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.